Do you want a drink that is simple, straightforward yet also gives you the energy to dance on the floor? Passion Fruit Martini is the answer to all of your questions. The Passion Fruit Martini is a modern classic that can be found on the menus of most fine cocktail establishments across the world.
The deconstruction of this martini is very interesting indeed. Let’s put the second part of the drink’s name aside for a moment: it has no resemblance to a traditional Martini. Some say it was inspired by the fragrance of a stripper’s perfume, while others say it was created by bartender Douglas Ankrah who believed it would be something a Passion Fruit would order.
There are two varieties of this drink. One is a shaken version, while the other is a mixed version. Andy Macelhone developed the mixed version, but no one knows who or when the shaken version was made. The shaken version is more popular than the blended version due to its sweetness and ease. You will go through each variant separately, but first, let’s get to the recipe.
Recipe of Passion Fruit Martini
The ingredients you are going to need are:
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit liqueur (such as Passoã or De Kuyper)
- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce vanilla simple syrup
- 2 ounces sparkling wine, chilled
- Garnish: 1/2 cup passion fruit
How do you make it?
In a shaker with ice, combine all ingredients except the sparkling wine and shake rapidly until thoroughly chilled
- In a shaker, combine the vodka and blue curacao.
- Shake it with cubed ice until it is well cooled.
- Fill a glass with it (Hurricane glass preferred).
- Fill the glass halfway with lemonade.
- Serve with a lemon wheel and a maraschino cherry as a garnish.
Enjoy! It’s all set to drink!
Follow this measurement if you want the mixed version. For a cold and pleasant cocktail, combine 60 ml vodka with 60 ml lemonade. For your birthday celebration, hire a bartender and have the blue lagoon cocktail produced.
What taste can you expect?
This delightful drink has a sweet taste and a simple appearance that makes people want to drink it. The colour, on the other hand, is what makes the drink so popular for private gatherings all over the world.
Follow this recipe and you would be able to enjoy this classic drink without any hinge.