System for keeping track of fleet traffic
Increased efficiency of fleet use and lower operational expenses of the company as a whole are two benefits of implementing a Fleet GPS Tracking system in an organization, regardless of its size.
It is important to conduct a thorough evaluation of the success of implementing a transport monitoring system in an organization. The installation of GPS tracker terminals on cars and the connection of a transportation monitoring system is not sufficient. It is also necessary to have competent administration of this fleet, which permits the transport monitoring system to function properly.
The effectiveness of the implementation
In this app, there are reports that can be used for monitoring fleet management. These reports allow you to analyze the efficiency of transportation usage and make the required management choices. In accordance with a systematic approach and extensive experience in solving similar tasks for a large number of our customers, the transport monitoring system provides all of the information needed to make effective use of the company’s existing fleet, thereby improving return on investment and efficiency across all departments.
Cost-cutting measures such as improving the quality of transportation services and traffic volumes, increasing the safety of transportation, all of which can be accomplished with the help of a Fleet GPS Tracking system, allow the company to save significant amounts of money while simultaneously increasing its profitability. However, I am constantly looking to provide an answer to a specific issue, such as “How much money can I save by implementing transport monitoring in my organization?” In the sections that follow, we will attempt to provide an answer to this issue by delving into the specific components that contribute to increased vehicle economy.
A transport monitoring system is one of the most effective methods to make the most of your fleet’s resources:
- Fuel usage is being monitored. The prohibition of draining gasoline.
- Exclusion of unsuitable modes of transportation and “unnecessary flights” from the program
- Exclusion of mileage changes from calculations
- Monitoring of deviations from a given path is performed.
- Keeping track of whether or not the posted speed limit is being followed
- Reduce the amount of time a vehicle is not in use.
- The ability to provide drivers with information on traffic congestion and other routes.
- Route planning that is logical and takes traffic jamming into consideration.
Using a transport monitoring system to reduce fuel consumption and track mileage results in significant savings, not only in terms of lower fuel and lubricant expenses but also in terms of decreased costs connected with vehicle maintenance. When the mileage is closely regulated by the monitoring system, it lowers, which results in an increase in the time between subsequent trips, which, in turn, results in a reduction in the cost of maintaining the vehicle fleet.
Controlling the speed of a vehicle using Fleet GPS Tracking provides a reduction in fuel usage of up to 20% based just on reviews. There are a variety of factors that have an impact on fuel usage, either directly or indirectly. The driving style is one of the most important considerations. High-speed driving, which includes rapid acceleration and braking, results in higher fuel consumption as well as increased tire wear and excessive stress on the vehicle’s engine, gearbox, and brake system. Additionally, by managing the speed mode, the monitoring system makes it possible to lower the rate of accidents on the roadway. Any departure from the predefined parameters that is noticed by the traffic monitoring system should be recorded for this reason. In the future, it will be determined whether the driver will be penalized or rewarded based on the totality of the cases.
Factors that can help to enhance the quality of transportation services and the amount of traffic on the roads:
- Routes that are logical
- Online monitoring of the present position of traffic in order to make operational choices is required.
- Responding to work and emergency circumstances in a timely manner.
- Improved employee morale and productivity
The transport monitoring system, incorporates a visual graphic display of the vehicles and movement statistics, as well as consideration of the traffic situation (e.g., traffic jams) and other factors, allows for the efficient creation of transport routes and the rapid response to emerging situations, both regular and atypical.
As a result of the transport monitoring system, messages may be sent between dispatchers and vehicles, resulting in a substantial improvement in task solution efficiency and the safety of both drivers and their loads. With the aid of messages, the dispatcher of the monitoring system may communicate with the driver and provide him with all of the information he requires, from the task to the road conditions. Messages may be delivered directly to the driver’s phone through our messaging system, which eliminates the need for extra equipment and lowers the cost of voice and SMS traffic to the dispatching center.
Personnel is driven to “self-discipline” since they are aware that their every action is being monitored and controlled by the transportation monitoring system. This is because the transport monitoring system that has been implemented in the company significantly reduces the losses associated with improper use of the vehicle (unaccounted trips) and deviations from the specified routes, which ultimately results in the reduction of operating costs that have been discussed above.
Factors that can be used to enhance the safety of your fleet include:
- The ability to control the vehicle’s driving and stopping regions
- Controlling the deviation of the transport from the specified routes on an operational level
- Vehicles entering and exiting certain geo-zones are being monitored.
- By attaching additional sensors to the vehicle and cargo systems, the state of the vehicle and cargo systems may be monitored.
- A driver is in charge of controlling working hours, which may include making continuous travels.
- At any point, the driver has the ability to send an SOS alert message.
- Possibility of communicating with the driver in a bidirectional manner.