When making a pencil sketch by hand, there’s a high chance of making mistakes. This manual process takes a lot of time and still, there’s no guarantee that the results will turn out as expected. Now that there are so many problems with the manual process, why not try out the free tools that can turn your photo into a sketch? Yes, luckily, there exist a lot of tools that provide fair and reliable results.
This article covers a few such tools along with the process of how to convert a photo into a sketch using each of them. Keep reading for lots of information.
Image to Sketch
Image to Sketch is one such option that you can consider. The process of converting an image to sketch is absolutely easy, quick, simple, and reliable. If you’re looking for high-quality sketches, you’ll get them here.
There’s a dedicated customer care team that works on product quality improvement. So in case of any complaints, queries, and or suggestions, you can always reach out to them, and they will serve you in the best possible manner.
Advantages Of Image to Sketch
Let’s take a look at some interesting advantages of this Sketch AI tool.
- Automated process. The entire processing carried out on the server is automatic and it requires minimum effort from your side to develop an amazing pencil sketch.
- Fast turnaround time. It’ll take merely a minute under normal circumstances for the tool to develop the pencil sketch.
- Multiple results. Image to Sketch can generate multiple sketches from the same image. If you’re unhappy with any image, ignore it and download the most appealing one.
- The transactions processed on the server are all safe and secure. Don’t worry about privacy violations or data hacking.
- No registration needed. There’s no need for you to create a free account or register on the website. Simply visit the website and start working on your photo conversion activity.
- No experience required. People especially non-technical people, who don’t have any knowledge or prior experience in the photo editing world can also make use of this tool.
- User-friendly experience. You’ll notice a very user-friendly experience on this website. You don’t have to waste your precious time figuring out how to use the tool.
- Straightforward procedure. The procedure of converting the image is very straightforward, which ensures that the users don’t get confused during the photo to sketch conversion process.
- Lightweight. The website is lightweight. All the processing is done on the server. you’re not obliged to download or install any software on your PC.
- It’s completely free of cost. The website will NOT ask you for any type of credit card information either.
Using Image to Sketch- Simple Steps
Although using Image to Sketch is absolutely simple, you should still know the steps to turn image to sketch using it.
- Open this website https://imagetosketch.com/ in your web browser.
- You’ll see an area where you have to drag and drop your image from your computer. Alternatively, click on that area to browse and upload the image. It accepts images in PNG, JPG, and JPEG file formats only. Also, the image resolution should not exceed 5000 x 5000px.
- The upload and conversion process will initiate automatically. Within a few seconds, you should see a list of previews generated by the app.
- Each image will have a “Download” button that allows you to download that particular image on your computer. Choose the most fitting one.
In addition to Image to Sketch, there are a lot many pencil to sketch photo editor tools that we’ll cover in this section.
Using Sketch My Pic
Sketch My Pic is one such tool. Let’s see how to work on it.
- Open the official website on your web browser http://sketchmypic.com/
- Click on the “Select a Photo” button. Browse your computer and upload the image.
- Now click on the “Apply Pencil Sketch Effect” button. Wait for a minute and your sketch will be ready.
- You’ll be redirected to a new window. Don’t panic. Here, you’ll see a list of several variations generated by the application.
- Each image will have a “Download” button. Click on it to download the sketch on your PC.
- If you want to convert another image into a pencil sketch, click on the “Go Back” button at the bottom left of the window. You’ll be redirected to the home page where you can start fresh.
- This was just a procedure to create a black and white pencil sketch. For making a colored pencil sketch, click on the “Colored Pencil Sketch Effect” on the header. The steps will be the same.
Using Pencil Photo Sketch- Sketching Drawing Photo Editor
Let’s see how to use this Android app to convert your images into a pencil sketch.
- Search for Pencil Photo Sketch-Sketching Drawing Photo Editor in the Google Play Store. Alternatively, open this link in your web browser on your Android mobile phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hqgames.pencil.sketch.photo. It’ll automatically open the Google Play Store app.
- Install and launch the app.
- If you already have an image saved on your phone, you can retrieve it by tapping on the “Gallery” button in the app.
- To click a fresh photo using the camera, tap on the “Camera” button.
- Allow all the permissions (if asked).
- Select the image from your gallery and tap the checkmark on the top right of the screen.
- You’ll see several sketch effects below your image. Tap on anyone to apply that effect. Wait for the processing. If you want, you can tap another effect to apply it. The previous effect will be erased.
- Once you’re satisfied with the results, click on the download icon on the top right of the screen.
By the end of this article, we covered 3 interesting image to sketch converters, which are available for free. If you’re using a mobile app, you’ll notice annoying advertisements. To remove them, you’ll have to pay a small fee. Though it’s not necessary, it’s totally your call.