We regard Blancpain as the oldest Swiss watch manufacturer in the market. It became famous for creating one of the most complicated mechanical timepieces – the Blancpain 1735. The 1735 was a grand complication with its features: perpetual calendar, minute repeater, split Chrono, and tourbillon. And it was a limited edition, producing only 30 pieces, releasing one timepiece per year.
Innovation is one of the significant commitments offered by the brand, manifested in their produced luxury watches since 1735. Blancpain’s men’s watches were featured in many collections, catered eventually to ladies, and followed through by specific concepts for the latter. No wonder Blancpain keeps its rank as one of the most elegant and prestigious Swiss watch manufacturers, catering to the needs of watch enthusiasts across the globe.
How Does Blancpain Differ From Other Brands?
Innovation is a fundamental standard and part of the company’s tradition. It rightfully claimed its status as one of the highly distinguished watch manufacturers in the industry. Based in Villeret, Switzerland, Blancpain remarkably flourished as it crafted legendary and innovative timepieces: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, Blancpain Villeret, and Metiers d’Art collections. They. are but proofs of the brand’s excellent artistry and craftsmanship rooted in its rich heritage of watchmaking.
Today, the brand earned the trust and praise of horology enthusiasts, famous patrons, ambassadors, and watch lovers worldwide. These include well-known celebrities and personalities such as Marilyn Monroe, President Vladimir Putin, and Francis Ford Coppola, among several other loyal supporters of the brand. Notably, the Swiss value and quality remain clear from the most expensive Blancpain watches down to the most affordable ones.
Blancpain Watches’ Price and Features
Prices and Features
The brand released different models with their respective market prices, depending on the product features, and high-quality materials:
- Fifty Fathoms Bathyscape costs USD 12,470 and has the following features: 43mm size, 300m water resistance, ceramic case, and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal;
- The Villeret Quantieme Complet costs USD 11,599 and has the following features: 40mm size, 30m water resistance, stainless steel case, Blancpain caliber 665, and with scratch-resistant sapphire crystal;
- The Leman Perpetual Calendar Flyback costs USD 13,700 and has the following features: 38mm size, 100m water resistance, stainless steel case, and sapphire crystal;
- BRose Gold Leman Tourbillon Semainier Grande Date costs USD 53,000 and has the following features: 40mm size, rose gold case, tourbillon, luminous indices, and sapphire crystal;
- The Aqua Lung Stainless Steel costs USD 12,700 and has the following features: 37mm, black dial, steel case, and steel bezel;
- The Villeret Triple Calendar MoonPhase costs USD 12,300 and has the following features: 40mm, moon phase functions, and stainless steel case;
- The Fifty Fathoms Mil-Spec Limited Edition costs USD 14,500 and has the following features: 40mm, 300m water resistance, steel case, and unidirectional, sapphire bezel;
- The 1735 Grande Complication costs USD 1,026,500 and has the following features: 42mm size, date and day of the week subdial, solid platinum case, moon phase indicator window, and month and leap year indicator;
- The 18K Yellow Gold Leman Chronograph costs $14,800 and has the following features: 38mm size, small and central seconds, yellow gold case, yellow gold bracelet, and chronograph function;
- The Fifty Fathoms Meteor costs USD 8,160. It has the following features: 43mm size, Blancpain caliber 1315 movement, 300m water resistance, stainless steel round case, meteor grey dial, and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
Milestones Of The Brand
With horology as its expertise, the company indeed made a mark in the watchmaking industry. Quality materials and craftsmanship are the key factors why the brand still has a special place in the luxury watch market. The brand values quality over quantity; the most skilled Blancpain’s watchmakers produce only around 30 pieces of watches within a day.
The brand stands firm in their company slogan, which states, “Blancpain has never made a quartz watch and never will.” The brand has stuck solely on the production of excellent mechanical timepieces while integrating innovative contemporary advancements.
Blancpain’s Commitment to the Sea
Blancpain is one of the leading brands that show heart along with their quality timepieces. The conservation of marine life is one of the hit projects of the company. It paved the way to releasing their “Blancpain Ocean Commitment” watches to exhibit their passion for marine life conservation. The watches not only embody the beauty of the seas, but they also serve as instruments for fundraising for protecting the world’s oceans. A part of the sales of the said limited edition of watches goes to the brand’s charitable facets. The Fifty Fathoms Ocean Commitment III only has 250 timepieces made and manufactured exclusively.
For each timepiece sold, consumers also have the chance to donate approximately USD 1,180 for such a good cause. It also granted them exclusive and premium access to BOC events. Given the said equation, it means there are 250 watches for this charitable venture. Blancpain, therefore, contributes over USD 295,000 solely for its commitment to marine and ocean conservation.
1. Blancpain’s Metiers d’Art
Blancpain’s Metiers d’Art Collection offers the brand’s finest timepieces ingrained in watchmaking traditions and art designs of ancestral roots. Blancpain could flaunt its capabilities and expertise in the art of horology through this collection. The timepieces were carefully hand-crafted with outstanding artisan skill and specialization. Each watch has a distinct engraved design, a feature that easily stands out among the rest.
2. The brand’s Dive Watches
Appreciation for marine life and environments is one factor that sets Blancpain apart from other luxury watch brands. Together with the brand’s excellent craftsmanship, this passion gave birth to the famous “Blancpain’s Fifty Fathoms” Collection. This collection exhibits refined artistry showcasing the brand’s collaboration with divers and marine experts. Through this collaboration, the “first modern diver’s watch” was crafted. This timepiece remarkably became the excellent model of a diver’s timepiece. The said timepiece possessed vital details that cater to people’s basic diving needs. The Fifty Fathoms collection showcased unparalleled beauty through its exceptional aesthetics and designs. It likewise heightened the enthusiasm of the brand to raise awareness regarding world marine conservation.
Reinventing watch craftsmanship through the fusion of tradition and innovation is undoubtedly Blancpain’s edge in the luxury watch lineup and industry. There is no question about the brand’s specialization in horology and its charitable efforts to help the environment. If these are all the features and characteristics of a watch brand you’re all looking for, then go no further. You may opt to check the brand’s website to know more about their updated collections.