We, humans, are moving with an excellent speed towards modern techniques. In the race of modern behavior and quality excellence, the human brain created the tools that give you a visualized form of ideas for your future home. Today, in this blog, we are happy to tell you everything about which tools are best and what to choose AutoCAD or Revit?
The existence of the AutoCAD tool is much if we compared it to Revit. AutoCAD launched its first version in 1982. But due to growing hunger of company, the company regularly updates its software and remove all the bug that related to the compatibility or the cloud storage functionality. In the past 4 decades, AutoCAD represents on the top of the position in the drafting software market.
Apart from this, Revit launched its first version in 2000. The complete name of the company is Revit Technology Corporation. The difference of decades between these two software makes a big difference. If it comes to simple drafting then Revit proves it their name. Revit shows great growth in the 2 years of its launching and hence Autodesk finalize to purchase the whole brand of Revit Technology Corporation in 2002.
Now the question arises – Are both of these software same or different? Well! AutoCAD and Revit both of this software can be used together and is interoperable.
Learn through an example: You can use the AutoCAD designs in the Revit project and incorporate AutoCAD in it. Revit is helpful in generating the deliverable VIM’s and can enable collaborations with other disciplines.
Know the visible difference between Revit and AutoCAD
Revit USE FOR:
- Architectural design
- Structural engineering
- MEP engineering and detailing
- Preconstruction design
WHAT IT DOES:
- Conceptual design
- 3D parametric modeling
- Detailed design documentation
- Multi-discipline coordination
- Modeling building components
- Analyzing and simulating systems and structures
- Iterating and visualizing designs
- Helps to make a good documentation for construction
- Structural steel modeling and documentation
- MEP fabrication modeling and detailing
- Photorealistic 3D visualization
- Building performance analysis
- Construction documentation
- Dynamo computational design software
- Insight building performance analysis software
AutoCAD USE FOR:
- 2D drafting, drawings, and documentation
- 3D modeling and visualization
WHAT IT DOES:
- Create and edit 2D geometry
- Create and edit 3D models with mesh, solids, and surfaces objects
- Note the drawings addon with text, dimensions, leaders, and tables
- Add-on apps and APIs with customization
- Unique ribbon and tool palettes
- Option available for extraction of data to the table
- Can able to convert creativity in PDF files
- The application allows you to share the DGN file for further revisions
- Apply and monitor CAD standards
- Access to the Autodesk App Store
- AutoCAD web app
- AutoCAD mobile app
- Get the specialized toolsets for the architecture and mechanical design, also electrical design etc.
Do you know when experts recommend Revit?
Now, this is the last part, and the most demanded to write on. When we talk about its need of when Revit is Recommended it is useful when planning, designing, constructing, and operating new buildings. If you complete your project by using Revit, it will simplify the maintenance part and will care about your future upgrades.
The 2D and 3D designs by AutoCAD in which CAD simplifies the computer-aided design (CAD) is first drafted on its release in December 1982. There are more benefits that are there in this tool by Autocad. Some of these you need to look at are –
- DWG compare – This will helps to compare or to showcase the differences in pictures between 2 versions of a drawing.
- Web and Mobile Support – Tool provides the web as well as the mobile working efficiency that makes it more usable and easily editable from anywhere across the globe.
- 2D Graphics – The 2X faster zoom will help you to change the single and simple layouts in 2D format.
- Shared views – The view of designs is sharable. This means you can now create and share your work with other professionals for further editing and creations.
- PDF import – The PDF file format is the most comfortable format when it’s a talk of comfort for file transfer and to view it across as many as possible smart devices. This will import your projects from geometry, SHX font files, raster images into a drawing from PDF.
- Workspaces – Out of many wonderful features, the saved workspace will be restored with menus and toolbars.
- Rendering – The render part the most important when it comes to a realistic 3D appearance.
- DGN files – To re-use the data or the attached data you can Import, and export.
As we all know that Revit is based on BIM that is a new CAD paradigm. This paradigm will only allow the 3D, parametric, and intelligent object-based design. The latest version is supported in windows but we cannot access this Revit version in other operating systems like Mac OS. Revit is built with lot more features you know it. Here are some:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) – This model provides real-life visualized indivisible information.
- Parametric components – These graphs are used to design and form-making
- Work-sharing – Allows contributors to share their work with other contributors.
- Schedules – Tabular display, this model is developed or created from elements.
- Interoperability – To Imports, exports we need to use other tools but due to interoperability with commonly used formats.